August 3, 2017

Banh Mi Saigon - Vancouver

Driving down Victoria Drive, I regularly see this Vietnamese sub shop packed with people.  Finally I had a chance to try it out during a hot summer weekday.

Aside from the subs, they also have Vietnamese coffee and some dessert drinks to choose from.  They have a few people at the counter preparing the subs.  There are about 5 tables in the shop if you want to eat in. 

I ordered the chicken (ga) sub.  This was $5. 

While waiting for the sub, I noticed there was a guy in the back preparing some dough.  They bake there own bread here.  I haven’t seen this before at other banh mi shops as the other places source the bread from elsewhere. Knowing this, I expect the bread to be very fresh here.

The sub had a good amount of pickled carrots, cucumber, chicken and parsley.  It appears the sub bread used here is longer but narrower.   The bread was not as crunchy on the outside though, but the inside bread was soft.

The shop is not air conditioned so on a hot day like today, it will be very stuffy inside.  I suppose they prefer you not to get too comfortable and to just eat and run.  Will be adding this shop as a go-to place for Vietnamese subs in the future.

SFDD gives 4 out of 5 Delights.

Banh Mi Saigon Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment